Comstock’s seeks a inventive and motivated Editorial Designer to
collaborate on its award-winning regular monthly print publication.
Comstock’s is the premier business publication for California’s
Capital Region, which involves Sacramento and the nine
An suitable prospect will have a stable structure track record, such as
knowledge building illustrations and infographics. The Editorial
Designer is a crucial member of the creation crew and will work hand in
hand with the editorial and revenue departments.
The position has two key aspects: acquiring and producing artwork
for editorial departments (6-7 content for the print publication
each and every month), as nicely as their layout, and being responsible for
laying out our exclusive marketing sections. The Editorial
Designer will work closely with the Art Director and the
- Discover or develop artwork for and layout departments (6-7
posts for the print publication just about every thirty day period)
- Layout and make our specific promotional sections and do the job
intently with our special sections editor.
- Oversee the get the job done of the Advertisements Designer
- Guidance and assist the Art Director
- Assist with a number of rounds of critique, making edits as essential
- A perception of humor and a high level of enjoyment in functioning
with other specialists
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe
- Specialist expertise in the use of style concepts (layout,
typography, shade, white place, and grid. Understanding of print
principles (bleed, resolution, and shade). Consciousness of rising
web, style and design, and social traits and tactics. Awareness of person
centered style and design procedures and methods.
- Google Push
- Working know-how of Mac
- Ability to multitask, do the job rapidly, manage business and
- Ability to prioritize, time-administration
- Capacity to acquire ownership of assigned jobs from commencing
- Motivated, optimistic crew-participant
- Images or illustration capabilities is a plus (not required)
- 2 several years encounter in layout
- Encounter in laying out editorial articles
- Robust portfolio, showcasing Good style, shade, and
- Expertise in building illustrations and infographics is
This position is open up to component-time or whole-time with doable
hours maximize 30hrs-40hrs for each week. Salary base
is depending on experience.
To utilize, be sure to electronic mail resume, address letter and portfolio to
mlewis[@]comstocksmag.com and to work opportunities[@]comstocksmag.com. Consist of
“Editorial Designer” in the issue line for consideration.