Forward of the start of iOS 16.2, which is anticipated to get there subsequent month, Apple has launched a compact iOS 16.1.1 and iPadOS 16.1.1 with bug fixes and safety updates. It is advisable for all iOS 16 units.
While the produced notes are obscure, the repair probable patches two nagging difficulties. Just one impacted some users’ ability to continue to be connected to Wi-Fi networks and the other impacted Apple’s SKAdNetwork, which “lets advertisers measure the success of advertisements by attributing app installations to distinct advertisement strategies.”
There are also two protection updates incorporated in the launch, neither of which has been exploited in the wild:
- Out there for: Iphone 8 and later on, iPad Pro (all versions), iPad Air 3rd generation and afterwards, iPad 5th generation and afterwards, and iPad mini 5th generation and afterwards
- Influence: A distant user may be capable to lead to surprising application termination or arbitrary code execution
- Description: An integer overflow was tackled by means of improved input validation.
- CVE-2022-40303: Maddie Stone of Google Venture Zero
- Obtainable for: Iphone 8 and later, iPad Professional (all designs), iPad Air 3rd era and later, iPad 5th technology and later, and iPad mini 5th generation and afterwards
- Impression: A remote user may perhaps be in a position to result in unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution
- Description: This situation was addressed with enhanced checks.
- CVE-2022-40304: Ned Williamson and Nathan Wachholz of Google Venture Zero
To update to iOS 16.1.1, head around to the Settings application, then Standard, and Software package Update. Faucet Down load and Set up and observe the prompts. It will require a restart.